Text Coming Soon!
The congregation of the Mahoningtown Presbyterian Church was organized in May 1866 with thirty-five original members. The first pastor was the Reverend D. L. Dickey. A small church was erected on North Cedar Street, and was replaced with a larger church (shown above) that was completed in early 1902. The church, located next door to the Mahoning School, was renamed as the Mahoningtown United Presbyterian Church in 1958. On Sunday, October 23, 1966, the congregation celebrated the 100th anniversary of the church. Due to dwindling attendance the church was closed in the summer of 1984. The building was razed beginning in December 1984. (c1920) Full Size
The Mahoningtown Presbyterian Church was located at the northeast (east) corner of the intersection of N. Cedar Street and W. Cherry Street. (c1915) Full Size
The church once sat in this grassy lot along N. Cedar Street. E. Cherry Street is visible in background. (Aug 2015) Full Size