*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



First Wesleyan Methodist/New Hope Wesleyan Church - Neshannock Twnp PA

Text Coming Soon!


In 1906 a small group of Wesleyan Methodists began meeting in private homes on the south side of New Castle. A building was soon erected on Lyndal Street and later became known as the First Wesleyan Methodist Church. In December 1963 the church was severely damaged in a fire – and was sold a few months later. The congregation soon occupied the completed basement of an abandoned church project on Pulaski Road. The property was formally acquired in the coming months and a new church (shown above) was dedicated at that location on Sunday, April 18, 1965. The congregation was reorganized as the First Wesleyan Church after a national merger in June 1968 – but a portion of its members split off to form another church. The church was enlarged with a new education wing in 1984. It was renamed as the New Hope Wesleyan Church in October 2005 and is still in service today. (Jul 2013) Full Size


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)

---

Comment