Text Coming Soon!
In early 1903 a group of investors formed the Pulaski Fair Association with the intention of establishing a county fair in Pulaski Township. The 40-acre Buchanan farm, just to the north of the village of Pulaski, was soon purchased and built up. Access from New Castle was made possible via several railroads that had passenger stations in Pulaski and a few small steamers that plowed the Shenango River. The first annual “Pulaski Fair” was held from September 29-October 1, 1903, and was in operation for two decades. The fair was closed down after the 1923 event as the more successful “New Castle Fair” began to take hold in Hickory Township. (c1910) Full Size
An advertisement for the Pulaski Fair. (Sept 1914)
This aerial photo shows the area around the village of Pulaski in June 1939. You can clearly see the race track that was part of the old fairgrounds. The Pulaski Fair was staged at this location from 1903-1923. The railroad tracks that brought folks from New Castle and other locations are also visible. The race track is now gone and today the site features several industrial plants along Route 551. (1939) Full Size