Text Coming Soon!
Earl S. McKnight (1890-1943), believed to be pictured above, operated this service station from the early 1920’s into the mid-1930’s. It was located in East New Castle at the corner (west side) where Butler Avenue, Adams Street, and Cascade Street intersect. McKnight possibly lost the business during the Great Depression and it was subsequently operated by “Mack” Porter for some time. McKnight, while employed at Bailey’s Auto Supply, passed away suddenly in November 1943 at the young age of fifty-three and is buried in Castle View Memorial Park. (c1930) Full Size