*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



New Wilmington United Methodist Church - New Wilmington PA

Text Coming Soon!


A group of Methodists formally organized themselves in the village of New Wilmington in 1839. Thomas Pomeroy deeded property to the church in March 1842 and small wooden church – which became the First United Methodist Church – was soon erected. A much larger brick church was erected in 1899. The congregation celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1939. A large education wing, featuring fourteen classrooms and a basement fellowship hall, was opened in 1961. After a national reorganization in 1968 the congregation adopted the name of New Wilmington United Methodist Church. In the early 1980’s the congregation, while considering plans to build a new church, decided to renovate the existing building. The congregation met in the fellowship hall until the $200,000 renovation project was completed in February 1986. A few years later, in late 1989, the congregation celebrated its 150th anniversary. The church, located along East Neshannock Avenue, is still in operation today. (Aug 2013) Full Size


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)

---

Comment