*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Shenango Bowl-A-Way - Shenango Twnp PA

Text Coming Soon!


Construction of the new 12-lane Shenango Bowl-A-Way started on Route 422 in the spring of 1958. The alley was to be affiliated with the AMF corporation, a recreational equipment company known for its chain of bowling centers. It was primarily owned by Michael “Mickey” Michalyko, who would have several partners over the years. Among those at the ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday, October 11, 1958, was Alex Crawford Hoyt, President of the First National Bank of Lawrence County. Hoyt helped finance the venture. Michalyko also opened the Colonial Lanes in Neshannock Township in late 1963. The Shenango Bowl-A-Way played host to many leagues and tournaments in the coming decades. Due to declining business it was closed sometime in the summer of 2013. The property was quickly sold and the building was demolished in September 2013. Portersville Value, the new owner, formulated plans to build a small office building on the site. (Jul 2013)


(Oct 1958)


(Aug 1959)


(Oct 1966)


(c1975)


(c1975)


Matchbook from the Shenango Bowl-A-Way. Full Size


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


(Jul 2013)


The Shenango Bowl-A-Way was demolished in the fall of 2013. (c2009)

---

Comment