Text Coming Soon!
The Pulaski Speedway, a half-mile dirt track featuring stock car racing, was opened just south of the village of Pulaski on July 13, 1951. It was located along Route 551 just south of where it intersects Route 208. It was opened for racing during the summer months and in early 1953 was taken over by the State Line Racing Association. The track frequently flooded and postponement of race events was a common occurrence. The track was closed for much of the 1957 season, but was reopened (with a smaller quarter mile track cut into the infield) as the all new Pulaski Speedway in July 1958. It seems the track was abandoned by the end of the season or soon after. (c1956) Full Size