Text Coming Soon!
Branch No. 25 of the Alliance of Transylvania Saxons, also known as the Eintracht Singing Society or the Saxon Club, was organized in New Castle in 1894. The club was a fraternal organization celebrating Saxon and German culture and was known for its skilled singing groups. In early 1921 the took over the Germania Hall at #108 Taylor Street, built by the defunct Germania Society back in 1899. The Eintracht Club also opened a summer picnic area along the Neshannock Creek just northeast of New Castle. This photo depicts club members, all employees of the Johnson Bronze Company, enjoying a “stag party.” The club is still in operation today. (Aug 1950) Full Size