*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Wesley United Methodist Church - Union Twnp PA

Text Coming Soon!


In 1889 the First Methodist Church established a small mission on the West Side of New Castle. Without a building of its own the small congregation met in the White School on West Washington Street and Round Street. The Reverend Charles W. Foulke became the first regular pastor in 1902, and soon after property was purchased beside the White School to build a church. The new Wesley Methodist Church (shown above), although still under construction, was dedicated on Sunday, April 5, 1903. (May 2013) Full Size


(Aug 2015)


(Aug 2015)


(Aug 2015)


(Aug 2015)


In 1948 the congregation purchased property just across West Washington Street and began work on a new church three years later. In September 1954 the congregation began meeting in the basement of the new church while construction of the main sanctuary continued. The old building was sold to become the new home of the Pilgrim Holiness Church. The new church (shown above), led by the Reverend Charles W. Hoover and later known as the Wesley United Methodist Church, was dedicated on Sunday, July 31, 1955. The church is still in service today. (May 2013)Full Size


(May 2013)


(May 2013)


(Aug 2015)


(Aug 2015)


(Aug 2015)


(Aug 2015)

---

Comment