*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



East Brook Presbyterian Church & Cemetery - Eastbrook PA

Text Coming Soon!


Members of the Associate Presbyterian Church organized a congregation near Eastbrook in 1840. They soon built a church on land donated by Samuel McDowell. The Reverend Thomas Mehard served as the first pastor, and upon his death in 1845 was succeeded by the distinguished Reverend Robert Audley Browne until 1850. In 1858 the church joined the newly formed United Presbyterian Church of North America (UPSNA). In 1885, after the old building was torn down, a new church (shown above) was erected at the same location. Over the years this building underwent improvements, including a large addition that expanded the Sunday school and added a social hall. In 1958 the church became part of the Presbyterian Church of the U.S.A. (PCUSA) and later celebrated its 150th anniversary in 1990. In early 2013, on mutual terms, the congregation left the PCUSA and joined ECO – a reformed Presbyterian denomination founded in 2012. (Sept 2013) Full Size


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013) Full Size


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013) Full Size


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)


(Sep 2013)

---

Comment