*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Third Presbyterian Church - New Castle PA

Text Coming Soon!


A handful of Presbyterian worshippers held a meeting in a store on Lathrop Street in the late summer of 1899, with the intention of establishing their own congregation on the mostly rural East Side of New Castle. A small wooden frame church (shown above), situated at the corner of East Washington and Beckford Streets, was completed in early 1900 and became known as the Third United Presbyterian Church. It was soon enlarged and rededicated on Sunday, December 16, 1906. The first pastor was the youthful Reverend Thomas L. Rose, who died suddenly in 1905.



Fund raising efforts began in 1925 and resulted in an impressive new brick church (shown above) – located a block away at Adams Street – being dedicated on Sunday, October 16, 1927. The church was greatly expanded over the years and due to a national merger became known as the Third Presbyterian Church in 1983. It is still in active service today. (Aug 2013) Full Size


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)


(Aug 2013)

---

Comment