Text Coming Soon!
In about June 1900 the Hoover Heights mission, a non-denominational house of worship, was founded was Morris Street in the Hoover Heights section of South New Castle Boro. Two years later the mission became affiliated with the Christian & Missionary Alliance (CMA) Church, a Protestant denomination founded as a Christian outreach group in New York City back in 1887. The local church was subsequently referred to as the Hoover Heights Tabernacle of the CMA Church. A parsonage was opened on Morehead Avenue in 1919. The church, which celebrated in 100th anniversary in 2000, is still in active service today. (c1910) Full Size