*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Rocky Spring Cemetery - Big Beaver Boro PA

Rocky Spring Cemetery is an Presbyterian burial ground located off of Foxwood Road just east of New Galilee, Beaver County, Pennsylvania. In 1827 an Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church was established at the site now occupied by the cemetery. Initial services were held in a “tent” and also in private homes during the winter months. A wooden frame church was built at some point, which adopted the name of “Rocky Spring” after a small natural spring that flowed nearby. In 1858 the congregation became known as the Rocky Spring United Presbyterian Church, and about a decade later relocated into the newly named village of New Galilee. Many years later, in early 1959, Rocky Spring United Presbyterian Church merged with the First Presbyterian Church of New Galilee to form the new Galilean United Presbyterian Church. Rocky Spring Cemetery, located in a rural area in Big Beaver Boro, remains in active use for the church and is well maintained.


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013) Full Size


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013) Full Size


(May 2013)


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013) Full Size


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)


(May 2013)


(Mar 2013)

---

Comment

  1. Rev. Samuel Patterson pastor of the Rocky Spring Church for 46 years 1849 – 1895 is buried here at the site of his pulpit. The Patterson family plot covers the approximate site of the original church.

    Dennis Krebs · 01/07/2017 09:25 PM · #