Text Coming Soon!
The one-room Willow Grove School was located near the village of Willow Grove in North Beaver Township. Lillian Hunt was the teacher for the 1923-24 school year when the school had only sixteen pupils. The rural school, and a few others like it, were closed down in June 1924. The local kids were bused to the new North Beaver Township Consolidated School in Mount Jackson the coming fall. The old school building was utilized as a meeting place for the North Beaver Grange for quite a few years and might have been torn down in the late 1940’s. (Lawrence County Historical Society photo) (1910) Full Size
Advertisement seeking a new school teacher. (Aug 1902)