*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Hoytdale School - Hoytdale PA

Text Coming Soon!


The Hoytdale School, a two-story structure, was one of several small schoolhouses serving Big Beaver Township (now Big Beaver Borough) in Beaver County. The school was located somewhere just north of Koppel in the area once known as Hoytdale. The upper room was closed, likely due to safety issues, in about 1916. The school was in service until it was closed in about 1946. In 1945-46 the lone teacher was Mrs. Ann “Mildred” McCown of New Galilee. (c1918) Full Size

---

Comment

  1. Big Beaver
    by Mrs. Dan Cunning and Mrs. James Fenchel (quoted)… Book purchased from Beaver Falls Society.

    (are excerpts) Beaver Falls Area Centennial 100th Anniversary 1868-1968

    Hoytdale School was a two-story, two room structure. The second story was closed about 1916 and the school was closed in 1947, sold and dismantled.

    A large room in another building – formally a cigar factory – located at Route 18 and Route 351 was used as a school for a couple of years.

    Daniel Ratajski · 10/09/2015 10:12 AM · #