Text Coming Soon!
A small congregation, known for a time as the Shenango Associate Church and meeting since was early as 1810, was officially chartered in December 1849. A faction of the congregation broke away at that time, but the two groups were rejoined in 1859 to form the new First United Presbyterian Church. A church was opened on North Jefferson Street in 1884 and replaced in 1902, but the latter was lost to a devastating fire on the evening of December 31, 1927. The congregation, led by the Reverend S. E. Irvine, rallied together and decided to rebuild at a new location in the North Hill district. A grandiose stone church (shown above), located on East Clen Moore Boulevard, was dedicated on May 18, 1930. Due to mergers on a national level the thriving congregation adopted the name of Clen-Moore United Presbyterian Church in 1959 and then simply Clen-Moore Presbyterian Church in 1983. The church remains in active service today. (Mar 2012) Full Size