Text Coming Soon!
In early 1958 a small group of conservative Presbyterians in Pulaski Township, who had left the United Presbyterian denomination and were led by the Reverend Wendell L. Rockey Jr., began holding Bible meetings in the old Summerville School (or School No. 5) located at the intersection of Garner Road and Nashua Road. They were formally organized as the Nashua Orthodox Presbyterian Church in May 1958. Rockey continued to serve as a supply pastor until the Reverend Arnold Kress took over in July 1959. Work on a new building (shown above) along Route 551 began in the summer of 1967. The first service, under the Reverend A. Boyce Spooner, was held in the church on Sunday, February 11, 1968. It was formally dedicated on Sunday, July 14, 1968, when the congregation also celebrated its tenth anniversary. The church, associated with the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC), is still in active service today. (Apr 2012) Full Size
(Apr 2012) Full Size