*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



New Bedford United Presbyterian Church - New Bedford PA

Text Coming Soon!


The New Bedford United Presbyterian Church has its origins in about 1808, when a contingent of Presbyterian worshipers established the Deer Creek Presbyterian Church north of what later became New Bedford. The remote site was abandoned in July 1883 and the congregation relocated just south into a new building (shown above) in the village of New Bedford. The official name of the new church, located on Marr Road at the eastern entrance to the village, was changed to the New Bedford United Presbyterian Church. (c1907) Full Size


Years later, in October 1964, the church (shown above with its steeple removed) was merged with that of the nearby Hopewell United Presbyterian Church. The combined congregations, now known as United Presbyterian Church of New Bedford, utilized both buildings for a time. In February 1968 the congregation abandoned the two old churches and moved to a new location (initially meeting in a new fellowship hall) on Marr Road in early 1968. The old churches were subsequently torn down. (c1940) Full Size


The combined congregations, now known as United Presbyterian Church of New Bedford, moved into the fellowship hall of this new church on Marr Road in early February 1968. The fellowship hall (and education wing) was dedicated on Sunday, June 2, 1968 – the first phase of a major building program. A manse was completed in June 1972. Construction of the main sanctuary did not begin until early 1983 – with a dedication ceremony taking place on Sunday, November 13, 1983. (May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)


(May 2014)

---

Comment