Text Coming Soon!
This 277-foot metal truss bridge, located on VanGorder Mill Road, was built by the Pittsburgh Bridge Company in 1891. It was supported by a single pier and spanned the waters of the Slippery Rock Creek. The bridge was repaired several times over the years but in early December 2007 it was closed to all traffic after an inspection revealed serious corrosion. It was soon slated for replacement by PennDOT officials and work began building a new concrete span alongside it in late 2008. The old bridge was demolished as the new bridge opened in late 2009. (c2005) Full Size
The new VanGorder Mill Road Bridge, a concrete span that cost about $3.5 million, opened for traffic in September 2009. (2014)