Text Coming Soon!
The view along the Slippery Rock Creek near the village of Rose Point. In the distance can be seen the old trestle of the Western Allegheny Railroad (WARR). (c1915) Full Size
The old trestle of the WARR across the Slippery Rock Creek. (c1912)
Various settlers built mills to harness the power of the Slippery Rock Creek in the early 1800’s. In c1850 settler John Stoner purchased land along the west bank of the Slippery Rock Creek in Lawrence County and within a few years the village of Stonertown was laid out there. A post office was established in c1855 and called “Rose Point,” which the village soon adopted as its new name. Churches, schools, businesses, and homes sprung up and Rose Point was a thriving little settlement by the end of the century. It was even a stop on the Western Allegheny Railroad (WARR) in the early 1900’s. Today, Rose Point is not much more than a small collection of homes, a church, and a popular campground. Full Size