Text Coming Soon!
The small village of Hillsburg was laid out in Mahoning Township by early settler John Hill in 1824. The village later became known as Hilltown (or Hill Town) and later yet as Hillsville. The sleepy town blossomed beginning in the late 1880’s as Italian and other European immigrants flooded the area to work in the numerous limestone quarries. This photo depicts Main Street as it once was – a small but thriving blue collar settlement. (c1911) Full Size