*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



First Baptist Church - Ellwood City PA

Text Coming Soon!


The First Baptist Church in Ellwood City had its beginnings with the historic Providence Baptist Church in North Sewickley Twnp. A mission was started in Ellwood City in 1887 with the initial services being held in the Old Brick School House. A church and parsonage (pictured above) were opened in August 1891 on Fountain Avenue (at 3rd Street), on land donated by the Pittsburg Company. Full Size


The congregation became independent in March 1893 and quickly grew in size and opened its own mission in Park Gate in 1907. In mid-1912 the old church on Fountain Ave was razed and a new brick church, under the direction of the Reverend G. Morgan Davis, was built and dedicated on Sunday, July 27, 1913. The church is still in service and in May 2012 celebrated its 125th anniversary. Full Size


First Baptist Church in Ellwood City, pictured here in the late 1930’s. Full Size


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)


(Aug 2012)

---

Comment