Text Coming Soon!
The First Baptist Church was founded in Wampum in c1923 and the congregation initially met in the homes of its members and then rented the upstairs hall of Robertson’s store (later Kubinski’s) in Chewton. In late 1925, after the congregation of the Chewton Christian Church moved into its new building on Oswald Street, the Baptists bought and remodeled the former Christian Church (shown above c1955) on Elizabeth Street. The house of worship was built in about 1880 and is still in use today. Full Size
The First Baptist Church in the village of Chewton. (Feb 2016) Full Size