Text Coming Soon!
The town of New Bedford was laid out in Pulaski Township (then a part of Mercer County) by Daniel Inbody in 1818. The land was once part of the old “Bedford claim” owned by Dr. Nathaniel Bedford. This postcard shows an early street scene of quaint New Bedford – probably along Main Street (Marr Road). (c1906) Full Size
Looking west along Main Street (Marr Road) from the intersection of Route 208 and Marr Road. This photo was probably taken from just in front of the Hopewell United Presbyterian Church. (c1905) Full Size