Text Coming Soon!
The Poland Public School, located on Riverside Drive in the village of Poland, opened in c1882. It initially served the local children in grades 1-8, but in 1888 a high school curriculum was added. Sometime after the Poland Seminary High School, housed in the old Poland Seminary, opened in 1927 this school became known as the Poland Grade School – and later yet as the Union Elementary School. Years later, possibly in the late 1970’s, the school was closed and used by the local school board as an education center. It was remodeled and reopened in the fall of 1996 and is still in use today. (c1935) Full Size
The Poland Union Elementary School, now one of four elementary level schools in the area, is currently home to pupils in grades K-4. (c1940) Full Size