Text Coming Soon!
The view of the Steel Car Forge plant at the southeast intersection of 2nd Street & Crescent Avenue. (c1902) Full Size
The management of the Steel Car Forge company. At the left end is plant superintendent C.A. Martin, who also served as a teacher in the Sunday school of the First Presbyterian Church. The remainder (from left) are John Nye, a young Tom McDonald, Mr. Frampton, William E. Renner, unknown, Bill Thompson, and Bill Kern. (c1910) Full Size
Employees of the Steel Car Forge. (c1910) Full Size
In 1934 the company was formally merged with Pullman Car & Manufacturing to form the powerful Pullman-Standard Car Manufacturing Company. The Ellwood City plant was soon closed and most of the equipment was relocated elsewhere. What remained at the plant was dismantled and sold off. In 1939 the neighboring National Tube Mill purchased much of the former Steel Car Forge property along 2nd Street in Ellwood City. (c1910) Full Size