Text Coming Soon!
In late November 1941 a group of local beauty shop workers in Ellwood City were organized as the Beauticians Division of the Chamber of Commerce. They came to play an important role in the community as an civic group during World War II. In addition to leading the effort to sell war bonds and promoting patriotism, the members were trained in advanced first aid procedures and prepared to serve with the Red Cross and other agencies in the event of a local emergency. Mrs. Lena Moser (1885-1856), third from right end in second row, was elected president of the group during its first meeting. (c1942) Full Size