Text coming soon!
The Central Presbyterian Church was accessed from the public square by an entrance way (gray stone structure on right of photo) that led back to the sanctuary of the church. The church was lost to a devastating fire on Sunday, March 21, 1949. The congregation debated on a course of action, and soon decided to rebuild at a new location in Neshannock Township. Services were held in the Scottish Rite Cathedral until the new Central Presbyterian Church opened along the Wilmington Road in June 1952. The thriving congregation changed its name to the Northminster Presbyterian Church in early 1959 and is still in operation today. These days the abandoned downtown location is nothing more than a vacant lot/parking spaces, located next to and behind the MP Coney Island restaurant. (c1914) Full Size