Text Coming Soon!
The three-story Hotel Belco, once an office of the Bessemer Limestone Company, opened for business on South Main Street in c1910. The hotel, which added a restaurant/dining room in March 1932, closed for good in c1938. Oddly enough the top two floors were removed in the 1950’s. Various businesses subsequently utilized the building, including the Bessemer Limestone & Cement Company beginning in the 1960’s. In 1983 the F. D. Campbell Memorial Library, named for longtime local physican, school board president, and civic leader Dr. Frank Dickson Campbell (1886-1961), moved in and still occupies the building today. (c1920) Full Size
The top two floors of the former hotel were removed during the 1950’s, but the building is still in use today. (Apr 2012)