Text Coming Soon!
The first floor of this ornate building housed the LS&T bank, founded in 1901, while the top floors were home to a host of brokers, bankers, architects, lawyers, and doctors over the years. (c1908) Full Size
Another view of the LS&T bank. (c1905) Full Size
A typical advertisement for the bank, this one appearing in the New Castle News of Febuary 19, 1916. Full Size
Looking west on East Washington Street in the summer of 1948. The First Christian Church on the Diamond is visible in the background and the old Municipal Building/City Hall dominates the bottom right corner. The LS&T Bank is well identified by the sign painted on the side of the building. After the building was turned over to the city most of its remaining contents were sold at a public auction in early February 1975, and the structure was sadly demolished beginning about six weeks later. Full Size