*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Cross Roads School - Mount Jackson PA

Text Coming Soon!


A 1923-24 class photo of youngsters of the Cross Roads School in Mount Jackson. Third grader Francis E. Harding is seated in middle of bottom row. The one-room school was built in the early 1860’s on the Taylor farm in Mount Jackson, and was “moved” closer to Mahoningtown (near modern-day intersection of Route 108 and Cleland Mill Road) in about 1890. The old school closed in June 1924, generally sat vacant afterwards, and was torn down in late December 1939. (Photo courtesy of Charlotte Harding Clark)

---

Comment