Text Coming Soon!
In August 1864 the Erie & Pittsburgh Railroad (E&P) opened a thirty-one-mile branch – along the west bank of the Shenango River – from Jamestown via Sharon down to New Castle. The E&P was leased by and came under the control of the powerful Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) beginning in 1870. Before too long several train stations were opened along the route, including one near the village of Pulaski. (c1905) Full Size
The E&P/PRR station at Pulaski was located on the west bank of the Shenango River – in an rural area south of the Pulaski Bridge. The public road (now Route 208/551) runs right behind the train station. In the late summer of 1931 the stop was made a “non-agency station,” meaning it would no longer be manned by a P&LE agent. In early 1952 the PRR ceased all passenger service at this location, but continued with limited freight operations for a few years. This station was razed by 1957. (c1918) Full Size