Text Coming Soon!
A group of Westminster College graduates, probably from the class of 1876. James Thomas Hunter (class of 1876) is standing in middle back row. Full Size
Four unknown Westminster College graduates from the 1870’s Full Size
A few players enjoy the new tennis courts on campus (1925) Full Size
A part of the school’s old May Day festivities, which first commenced in 1907. (c1912) Full Size
A group of Presbyterian missionaries that visited the school in August 1909. (1909) Full Size
A member of the track and field team participates in the high jump in early 1933. This photo is marked as “Clark Goes Over.” (1933) Full Size
Westminster girls pose for a photo in gym class during the 1933-34 school year. (1933) Full Size
A photo montage of the tennis team from early 1933. (1933) Full Size
Several graduates among the Class of 1934. (1933) Full Size
Ralph Gibson McGill Memorial Library. (c1946)
The conservatory or greenhouse on campus. (c1946)
A view of the campus in the mid-1940’s. Full Size
The old gymnasium. (c1945)
The lounge inside Ferguson Hall. (c1945)
Inside McGill Library. (c1946)
A typical 1940’s dorm room inside Ferguson Hall.
Inside an engineering classroom. (c1946)
An experiment underway in the chem lab. (c1946)
A postcard depicting the campus of Westminster College, initially known as the Westminster Collegiate Institute until the charter was amended in May 1897. (c1960)
The Old Main Memorial, the third “main” building, was designed in a Gothic style by renowned New Castle architect A.L. Thayer. It formed the anchor of a revived college – and the new Quadrangle – when it opened in the spring of 1929. Full Size
Audley Browne Hall was designed by the W.G. Eckles Company, another prominent architectural firm based in New Castle, and was built at the same time as the Old Main Memorial. Full Size
Mr. George Conway explains a problem in his math class. (1950-51)
Mr. John Zimmerman, assistant professor of chemistry, instructs his pupils. (1950-51)
The 1942-43 Titans basketball squad, led by captain Fred Miller (third from left), finished a respectable 7-5 despite being a very inexperienced group. Grover Washabaugh, the head of the Physical Education Department, coached these cagers as well.
Dick Sylvester of the Titans breaks a long run against the boys from Grove City College during the 1951 season. Grove City trailed in the fourth but scored three late TDs to win 33-20.
A view of Brittain Lake, named in honor of Trustee J. Frank Brittain, and the Memorial Field House – both of which were completed in 1951. (c1972)
A kickoff on the campus of Westminster College. (c1972)