Text Coming Soon!
The Ellwood City Post Office was established in 1891 with Merritt Green as the first postmaster. It was located at six different locations until it moved into the small building (shown above) on 5th Street in c1910. In July 1917, having quickly outgrown this building, the Post Office moved into spaces within the Park Building on 6th Street – and later yet to a new location on Lawrence Avenue. (c1913) Full Size
The Ellwood City Post Office was built by R. B. McDaniel Company, a general contracting firm from New Brighton. This building became the tenth and permanent home of the oft-moved Ellwood City Post Office. (c1930) Full Size
The Ellwood City Post Office still occupies this building today. (Apr 2012)