*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Italian Methodist Church - New Castle PA

Text Coming Soon!


The Italian Methodist Church was founded by a group of Italian immigrants on the South Side of New Castle in 1904. The small congregation held services – in Italian and English – along Friendship Street, until they purchased the old St. Andrews Episcopal Chapel on Howard Way in 1907. Land was later acquired at the corner of South Mill and Phillips Streets, where work on a new church (shown above) began in the spring of 1917. The completed church was dedicated on Sunday, April 14, 1918. The congregation worshiped at this location for many years. In June 1946 the congregation acquired the church property and renamed it as Christ Methodist Church. Due to dwindling membership the church was closed and merged into the Epworth Methodist Church in 1965. The last service was held at the church on Sunday, June 20, 1965. The building was soon sold and became the new home of the New Castle Revival Center. (c1930)

---

Comment