*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Rock Point Odd Fellows Lodge No. 865 - Hoytdale (Clinton) PA

Text Coming Soon!


The Rock Point Odd Fellows Lodge No. 846, part of the IOOF fraternal organization founded in 1819, was established in Hoytdale (Clinton) in May 1873. Its members initially met in a storeroom until they purchased the former Clinton Methodist Church (shown above) in early 1888. The immediate area surrounding the lodge was a thriving little community known as Possom Hollow. Lodge No. 846 celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1973. Due to declining membership the lodge, the last remaining one in operation in Lawrence County, was closed in 2003. The building was sold to back to its original owner – the neighboring Clinton United Methodist Church – in early 2005. The aging structure is in need of restoration and currently sits vacant. (c1980)

---

Comment