*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Shaw School - Slippery Rock Twnp PA

Text Coming Soon!


The one-room Shaw School was built along Frew Mill Road sometime in or just prior to the 1860’s. In 1868 it briefly hosted services held by the Reverend Robert McMillan, who broke away from the Hermon Reformed Presbyterian Church and soon moved south to establish the Princeton Memorial Presbyterian Church. The building was hosted the meetings of the Willard Grange No. 1440 from 1910-1921. The school was eventually closed in June 1952, but reopened in the fall of 1954 when student overcrowding became an issue. When Slippery Rock Township joined the Laurel Joint School District in July 1955 this school and the one-room Aiken and Rose Point Schools were all closed for good. The Shaw building was sold to a local resident for $200 in November 1958 and was later lost to a fire. It was located on the south side of Frew Mill Road, along a private drive that is now Cow Path Lane. (c1952)

---

Comment