*** ONLINE AS OF AUGUST 5, 2011 ***
    



Rocky Spring/Galilean United Presbyterian Church - New Galilee PA

Text Coming Soon!


In 1827 an Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church was established east of what later became New Galilee. Initial services were held in a “tent” and also in private homes during the winter months. A wooden frame church was built at some point, which adopted the name of “Rocky Spring” after a small natural spring that flowed nearby. In 1858 the congregation became known as the Rocky Spring United Presbyterian Church, and a decade later relocated and built a new church (shown above) in the newly named village of New Galilee. Many years later, in early 1959, Rocky Spring United Presbyterian Church merged with and took on the members of the First Presbyterian Church of New Galilee to form the new Galilean United Presbyterian Church. Many improvements have been made over the years, including a major renovation project completed in early 1964. The congregation is still active today. (c1975) Full Size


The congregation of the Galilean U. P. Church. (c1975) Full Size


The leadership of the church. (c1975) Full Size


(May 2013) Full Size


(May 2013)


(May 2013)


(May 2013)


(May 2013)


(May 2013) Full Size

---

Comment